Himalaya Girl

Himalaya Girl

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Thursday...is it typical?

Ahhhhh...Thursdays. That means tomorrow is Friday and the great UN day at school. Doug has been working hard at getting it ready for the whole school. Him and his middle school team has been doing all the work, they have created passports, schedules, activities, a parade, and so much more. I even stepped in and did stuff. I had the Pre K -2 grades create flags of what they thought UN day, peace, and a whole bunch of other stuff is. I also had my 3rd through high school create a mural. I think it came out pretty cool. Each grade did a different part! I will take pictures tomorrow so I can post them later.



Last weekend Doug and I went for a four hour bike ride with a few friends. Avis Larson the Kindergarten teacher, Alissa Kruse the guidance counselor and Robbie Daniels the librarian. We went everywhere. Those pictures will also get posted this weekend so stay tuned.



Yesterday Doug and I went to the gym to see if we could get into a routine again after I got sick with the Beliun Belly...which by the way is when everything you eat comes right back out. Doug lifted and I swam.

Here I was swimming like this

S

W

I

M

M

I

N

G

and everyone else was going this way across the pool

SWIMMING

SWIMMING

yup...I was just like well if they get kicked then they get kicked. And they were probably saying look at that white girl..she doesn't know how to swim. Either way it was pretty entertaining.

Soon is our free trip to a town in China...yup can't remember how to spell it..will try to write about it this weekend so people can look it up if they want to but...it's free and we get to see a new place...I think we are lucky.

I think Doug and I have gotten use to the fact that we have an Ayi and really like it. We don't have to clean on the weekends, we don't have to iron and our floors look great. Really it's a huge relief for the both of us..and still a little bit of a shock when we walk in the door and our apartment is clean...but it is a good thing.

I do think we like it here and are having fun...we keep saying though our next place will be cleaner than this place...as in pollution wise. But every one is so nice and willing to work together. So much so I think we are going on another joint trip...yup for Chinese New Year...maybe to the outback. Who knows.

That's all for now in lovely China.

No comments: