Himalaya Girl

Himalaya Girl

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas..YEAH!!!!

So for Christmas Doug and I went to the mall that was attached to the Hotel in Kuala Lumpur and separated and then got back together. we had so much fun buying each other gag gifts and then real gifts. Only things that we could fit into our suitcases that were already really full. We had a great time laughing and hanging out together. Doug even got us a small metal Christmas tree and stockings...it made us feel like we were at home. We missed family and friends but we had each other so everything was going to be alright. How can it not be when you look this happy.

So for Christmas dinner Doug and I had made reservations to the Smokehouse restaurant that I had found on line before we had left China. Honestly we were not sure what to expect since...well let's just say the Taxi drivers had no idea where it was and had to call one of his friends to get directions. Well when we got there I think we were the second people there but this place was like a home that had been turned in to a Restaurant. Like the one we took Mom and Dad to in Colorado Springs to celebrate my graduation. Anyway on the tables were these hats and packages of stuff almost like it was New Years.
You could chose from numerous things off the menu so Doug got the set Menu with the Roast Sirloin and I got the Turkey Christmas dinner. We had about 5 courses and the food was so good. We drank wine and eggnog and just enjoyed the moment.

Yes we were party animals!!!!

I think I was so happy with the food because I had been afraid that it was going to be a horrible restaurant. AND IT WAS CHEAP TOO!!

We had a blast eating dinner...we then went back to the hotel and spent sometime of Skype talking to family members...we didn't go to bed until really late but it was just a wonderful Christmas.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Sounds incredible all over again. I love the photos from your trip "away" from your new home. Kayaking, caving, beaches....are looking like grand adventures. Keep updating us!

Kirsten and Doug said...

Thanks Terry for checking our blog, it really does mean a lot to have friends that do. We hope your new year is fantastic and you're both excited about the new school!

Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how much I enjoy hearing about every adventure and seeing every picture. I am so jealous over the zip line. We miss you both but so glad you are making the most of the opportunity. Oh,yeah, teaching too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Doug and Kirsten, Just checked out your blog, what fun, you two are crazy and are so happy. WE all miss you back home in Maine and appreciate you sharing your experiences with us stuck in the cold. Be safe and take care of each other. love to you both....Von and Laurie

Anonymous said...

I noticed at least 3 articles of clothing that I either bought for you or was present and forced you to buy in all those pictures. I am awesome....Meggie