Himalaya Girl

Himalaya Girl

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Canopy Tours in the Jungle

Ok so this is the day that Doug and I signed up for a canopy tour with this German gentleman who has done the iron man. In this tour, zip lines, repelling and other stuff was included. Here I am at 9 in the morning signing our lives away...saying that if anything went wrong and if we die we are good to go. So we wore full body harnesses and had enough gear to climb a small mountain. The tour started off with us hiking up 750 stairs to get to our first...climbing thing.

This is Doug walking across a wire over a small stream like thing. That wire moved like a snake. It was awesome I thought I was going to poop myself. One woman that was with our group didn't do it which was fine. There was a total of 8 of us with two guides. This was the first thing. Next was to check to see if we could repel...that was fun. Next we climbed up a tree and then did our first zip line down to another tree. It was crazy you had to jump off a boulder to get started. HEAD FIRST...I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I did that...but it was amazing to fly through the air.

YUP!!! I know we are cute!

Before we did our last zip line we had to repel down a rock face. Our last zip line was 280 meters into a tree where we have to repel thirty meters down. This is Doug...we spent all day smiling.

This is Doug doing the last 280 meter repel. The jungle was so beautiful and we had so much fun. we got back to the hotel while other people were just getting out of bed. What more could you want from a vacation?

No comments: