Himalaya Girl

Himalaya Girl

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Aida and other adventures...

Let see not sure where to begin since it has been so long since we have really written. I promise to post new pictures soon. We have been busy or just plain old exhausted to write in the blog. Though I do think the last post was funny. Doug and I thought of it after we went to RT mart with 150 RMB and bought the umbrellas and everything....we made it under 150 RMB and had enough to buy 2 small ice cream cones on our way home but not enough for a taxi...so we walked in the rain with our new umbrellas. (THE ICE CREAM WAS WORTH IT)

Alright...on Wednesday we went to Aida. It was a traveling tour company that was spending two days in Ningbo to do this show and then they were traveling Hangzhou and then off to somewhere else and all of that stuff. Usually traveling tour companies...well are not so hot...sorry for all of those people that are in them...and I admire you and really miss the theater and I would pay good money to do it again and even be in a traveling troupe...they still are typically not the most amazing shows. Anyway these guys...these voices were amazing. Yeah they missed some of their ques and the acting didn't make me feel moved to my bones but their voices were AMAZING. Actual goose bumps from just their singing. It felt great.

We started in the balcony but when it was intermission...well we moved down to the front row. It was great. We just had so much fun.

Th theater that the show was in was amazing...I mean they had buckets all over the floor to collect water but it is a beautiful theater and I will go back in a heart beat. I will also drag Doug too. It was nice to see real theater and as I said the cast did a great job!

What else? Basketball has started and Doug is coaching the boys team. He has a tournament next weekend in Hangzhou so he will leave Friday morning and not be back until Sunday...the Principal and I are going to travel up there and watch some of the games..his wife is coaching the girls team. We will take the bus up and stay the night and probably travel back with the team the next day...it will be a good adventure and to see a little more of China. Doug is doing a great job with the team and with not having facilities. It is fun none the less!

No comments: