Himalaya Girl

Himalaya Girl

Friday, March 20, 2009

New Years Fireworks in China!!!!!


Can you count all the people? This was just one...no part of one street..if you can find Waldo please let me know!!


Read on for the full story of all these people.







Ok here we go. The same day that Doug and I went to the Big Buddha we also went to the huge fireworks display for Chinese New Year....yup I know now what a sardine feels like but more like a can of sardines being stepped on.

The fireworks started at 8 and Doug and I started to head to the area we were going to meet some friends around 7...but we couldn't get there...The streets had already filled up and the policemen and women had already closed them down. You could get no where...Doug and I barely found a place to stand before the huge crowd caved in around us. And as clarified before the Chines push...no matter what you say they PUSH. So of course nothing the world starts on time...no matter where you are so the fireworks started late...but let me tell you they were worth it. We were on the Kowloon side and watching the firework go off over Hong Kong...they were the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen!

I swear we were holding the camera still!!!!















If you want to know the truth this picture was really taken for my sister Meghan......there were so many stores like this. So shiny and pretty that said come and spend money in may store...and in reality you could go by the same thing but a knock off....two blocks down!!!! (FOR WAY CHEAPER)

Anyway this one is for you....Meghan!!

Oh and we never found our friends there...but we did find ice cream...that was nice!




2 comments:

Terry said...

Other than the pushing crowds, I would have LOVED the fireworks. I could watch them for hours. Glen is not a fan of them, so it is always bittersweet to watch them with him knowing that he isn't enjoying the experience like I do. The best ones I have seen so far are the ones at Epcot. I'm guessing that yours were even more fantastic.

Terry said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy Easter! Thinking of you....